Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A new adventure

I received a call from a woman representing an attorney in an estate liquidation. She had been given my name and number to ask about what to do with some fabric and supplies in a home of the client. I said I'd be glad to have a look and take anything our guild could use for it's charitable work. Mr Wazoo, me and our friends Kay and Henry drove out to the house and were absolutely flabbergasted to see fifty or so bins of fabric on the porch of the house. It took a minute or two to grasp the enormity of the task ahead, while we questioned the ladies hired to clean out the house about the quantity of stuff. We opened every one of those bins and found ginormous  yardage of double knit polyester fabric. Bummer. Fortunately, there were also numerous bins of pristine wool, just waiting for someone to felt and use in appliqué quilts! We snagged the bins of wool, some doll making supplies, muslin, old sheets and some balls of cotton rope, and beat feet back to the house. I had just dropped off fabric from the last donation at my day guild, and now, I have twice as much in the garage again!

We left behind twice the amount we took away from the client's home.

26 bins of stuff, a couple of boxes and a few bags.

Oh, yeah!!

Maybe someone will use this poly batting. We don't use it here at Wazoo.

Stuffing for the dog bed ladies.

I'm going back there tomorrow with our friend Dennis to look at stained glass stuff. The woman has lapidary supplies, plaster molds and firing kilns, paints, stretched canvasses...you name it...she's got it. I'm just happy I am not a professional house clearer like those great ladies!! Woo-ee!

After a break to rest my back, I sewed a bit on the black and white animal quilt. I really like how its coming along. I hope to get the rows sewn together before the weekend. My Daughter is coming for Labor Day , and I want to have some fun without worrying too much about work.

So far, so good!Oops! I see one of the leaves is turned wrong. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Mr Wazoo put the finishing touches on a quilt he started yesterday, and the customer picked it up as soon as I called her. It is for a friend who spent time in Africa, and she wanted to make something that would remind her of that part of her life.

The quilt is a modern twist on earthy colors

Panto: Rotorua

The texture on the back is awesome. Good job, Mr W!
Don't you love the elephant print blocks and border? I sure do!
At 6:15, I called it a day and walked up to the house. The colors in the garden were glowing in the afternoon sun, so I had to stop and take a few pictures.

Looking at the front garden, you'd never know Fall is just around the corner.

What?! This poor lilac is a bit confused. It is the only late summer bloom on this shrub.

The back porch pot is in its full glory.

Not many blooms in the back, but the bird houses are colorful!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.