Monday, August 27, 2018

Back at work!

Nobody here at Wazoo took the day off from work. We quilted and listened to tributes to John Mc Cain, war hero and patriotic senator from Arizona. It was a sad day for America.
Mr Wazoo finished a  few quilts, and then spent some quality time with his gardens.

The line up was seasonal for Mr W. This Autumn quilt was the first one he quilted.

Beautiful panto: Come Dance With Me

Next is Christmas! Ho ho ho!!

A cheerful Santa quilted with the panto: Snowflakes

The whole quilt is cozy flannel

Spring has sprung! This quilt mixes a soft floral background with shades of blue.

Panto: Trellis Vine

I love the backing fabric on this one.
I started with two king sized quilts and they got smaller from there. One customer didn't have backing, so I bought some at the Bernina shop in Chattanooga for only $29!! Wide backings were 60% off! I spent a wad of dough there and am now flush with wide backing. I worked on a couple of other projects while the APQS did its magic, and I think I am certainly getting my mojo back.

The first quilt had some open seams and wobbly intersections, but it turned out okay.

Panto: Dazzle

The customer chose a sheet for the backing.

This customer told me that she started a lap quilt and it just grew from there!!

Hard to see the panto design: Beauty

Here is a peek at the $29 backing, a soft Moda tone on tone calico.
Here is the pile of backings I got at the sale. Except for the one I used on the quilt!

Then there was this! Fanciful and ethereal mermaids.

Panto: ripples

Better seem on the back.

I also started a custom project. I think this is one of the most beautiful quilts I have worked on. So far, I have done some of the stitching in the ditch and around the appliqué. Its slow going, but makes the finished quilt look so much neater.

The quilt has piecing, appliqué and hand embroidery, all in blues.
Over the weekend, I started a new quilt project using the Thicket panel I bought in Oregon last year. I designed a quilt in EQ and I'm changing a few things on the fly because I just couldn't make the math work. Quilting should be fun, and doing all that math and getting screwy answers made me frustrated, so I changed it. So there!! It is a work in progress, and as soon as I get the pieces-parts together, I'll put it on the design wall and see how it looks.


Busy making some block parts.

The panel parts are all framed with a gray linen look fabric.

Some alternate blocks are also coming together.

These blocks are ready for the design wall.

Meanwhile, I would be remiss not to tell you how Miss Molly is doing. She has a cast-bandage on her foot and thumps around pretty well with it. We go back to the vet tomorrow and see what's next. Her toe has been sutured where the toenail used to be, but the Vet says it may grow back and have to be dealt with in the future. We're glad she's okay, even if the pain meds make her goofy. 

Posing and looking pitiful.

Resting for a moment on a finished quilt.
The last thing that happened to me tonight was almost walking into another spiderweb! The darn spider weaves his web across the back porch and,unless I am quick to see it, I walk through it and then look like a berserk windmill trying to get it off!! Soon, the cold weather will come and I will only run into webs inside the house...

EEEEEEEEK!!!!

Oh yeah...this goofy couple just celebrated 36 years together. Thanks for tuning in. See you tomorrow! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.