Saturday, August 4, 2018

Doing time with my daughter

No rest this weekend! My daughter and her boyfriend are visiting, so Mr Wazoo got it in his head to go through the boxes in the garage. We managed to get through about half, while ooh-ing and ah-ing over family photos from long ago. Glassware, miscellaneous books, games and puzzles. Some dishes, old yarn, sewing stuff and books. We emptied about 20 boxes and Mr W was happy to get  a couple of shelves back in the garage! Tomorrow, we have to clean up after ourselves and get the stuff going to the thrift shop in the truck. I may not have been quilting, but I felt good anyway!

The studio is awash with boxes of stuff!

We staged them on the cutting table and sorted into keep, thrift shop, trash, and sell.

I hope we get it all cleaned up tomorrow...

During the day on Friday, I finished the repair of the antique quilt, made the backing, quilted it and applied the binding. It went through the wash and is now as good as new!! I'm excited to send it back to the Texas owner and see if she is pleased. I sure would be.

Quilting finished


Baptist fan quilting

Double pink reproduction fabric for the backing

Washed and more vibrant than ever!!

I sure wasn't prepared for how good it would look. The old top was really dirty before washing.

Mr Wazoo quilted this pretty quilt on Friday, before giving the lawn a haircut and weeding the garden.

I do like the colorful quilts!

Panto: Dazzle
Hopefully, we'll have the garage cleaned and the studio straightened out before the kids leave... We'll see.

I


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.