Sunday, August 19, 2018

Fun, fun, fun!!

It's Sunday, so I got to do some fun sewing just for my own pleasure. But first, I finished a customer quilt that I loaded yesterday. (The one with the too small back...) The pattern is really cute and would make a fun quilt for anyone in the medical profession.

The colorful scrubs and heart shaped stethoscopes make this a happy quilt.

Because the appliqué was all fused and a bit stiff, I used an open pattern to keep it from being too wrinkly and hard. It's called Polka Dot Hearts

The backing is this clever text print, all words relating to nursing.
Oh yes...yesterday evening we had to go to a memorial service, and I was in the car waiting for Mr Wazoo to hurry it up when I looked out the window and saw this! An entire family of deer were munching away on MrW's shrubs and crepe myrtles. The young buck was still in velvet, but a nice looking fella. The girls hung out by the shrubs, nibbling and chewing while Mr Deer kept a keen eye on them. I took many pictures from the car, and they peacefully went about their business. When Mr W came out and saw what was happening, he told me to toot the horn to get them to move along. One little toot and everyone scattered in all directions. It truly was remarkable!



Young buck watching the action.


Aren't they lovely?!
The reason Mr Wazoo was held up getting out of the house was that he was finishing up the last row on this quilt.

Remember when I said it was a purple week? Here is another  quilt using purple fabrics.

Panto: Wandering Daisies
The fun part of my Sunday came soon after I finished the scrubs quilt. The rope bowl was still under the needle on the big Bernina, so I opted to finish it and move on to something different. I only used three fabrics in this bowl; an ombre purple to yellow, the lime green accent, and the deep purple top stripe and swirl. I like how it looks. This is a fun project I'll do again, for sure.

Voila!!

It looks cool, huh?

I even like it upside down.

I added the loop and swirl to finish it off.
I also sewed the borders on my blue and yellow charity quilt, and got it quilted, too. I have the binding cut and the label made, but those will have to wait until tomorrow.

I wasn't sure I liked this quilt, but with the borders on, it looks wonderful. Someone will enjoy it, I'm sure.

There's some orange in the backing fabric, but it was on sale and that made me decide I liked it for the project!

Panto: Splat

While the machine chugged along on the quilt, I made the three pillowcases for the evening quilt guild on Tuesday. Everyone took kits for them, and I took three. They are easy to make and will make nursing home resident's Christmas a bit brighter.

Three festive pillowcases!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.