Thursday, August 16, 2018

More quilting and a little shopping score

Yesterday, I had to run a few errands in town, so I added a grocery trip to get us a sub sandwich for lunch. While I was there, I perused the meat counter and picked up some bargains from the 'reduced for quick sale' meats. Chicken thighs, pork chops, ground chuck, and (gasp!) lamb chops! We rarely have lamb because of the exorbitant price per pound, but these were significantly reduced and quite nice looking. Goody for us! Once divided at home, we have 14 meals worth of perfectly nice meat.
While out, I mailed the Quilts of Valor back to the maker for binding. Here is the second one I did on Tuesday afternoon.

QOV in lighter, happier fabrics

This is a digital pattern of loops and stars. I can't remember the name of it.

I'm guessing it is for a woman, as the fabrics are mostly sweet florals.
Mr Wazoo has been doing one or two quilts a day, keeping up with the growing queue of quilts. He still engages in garden follies, but always gets his quilting work done first. Perhaps he'll be employee of the month again, who knows?

Here is another quilt from the same customer who made the ombre quilt. More ombre fabric, in an interesting block pattern. I love it!

Panto: Alfresco

A Spring backing to go with the Spring-like pastel ombre.

This little baby quilt was a rush job for a customer leaving town today. Mr W drove it to Blue Ridge so the maker would have it for the trip.

Panto: Wandering Daisies

Lavender was the color of the day!
I also quilted a purple quilt! This appliqué project used the customer's stash of lavender and purple to great advantage. I'm not a purple fan, but I like the block she used. I would like to do it in bright colors...

The placement and variations of purples are what makes this quilt lovely.  The light aqua background is especially nice with the flower colors.

Digital panto: Baby Blooms

More purple on the back.
I am currently working on an embroidered quilt. It is a custom job, so I spent the day stitching in the ditch. I am almost done with that tedious task and will be on to the fun quilting later today.

One more row of flying geese and I will be able to start the 'real' quilting.

At 6pm, I did another couple of rounds on the rope bowl. A bit every day will see it finished in time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.