Monday, August 13, 2018

Quiet weekend

I have to boast a bit before going into our quilty weekend. My son finished his second Masters Degree in education , and got his diploma on Friday. The day care was closed for their vacation, so little Dechen was on hand for the festivities. Now...to get hired at a High School near by.

Andy is the guy with the kid! Funny note, the gal in the front in the white skirt is the daughter of my nursing friend from the UW back in the 90s! She was just a sprout then.

Mom and Dad on Bascom hill on the beautiful UW campus.
Dechen has a bit of an ear thing...he always pulls Papa's ears!
Mr Wazoo worked in the studio on Saturday, and finished this Autumnal quilt for a customer.

Simple pattern with striking results

One of my favorite pantos: Come Dance With Me

A peek at the back
I worked hard Friday afternoon and all day Saturday on the slippery memory quilt, and finished the hand work on the sleeve and binding that evening. The customer came yesterday and held it up for pictures. A quick turn around for a difficult quilting job.

All finished and ready to go.

Some of the quilting. The quilter still has embellishments from the customer to add to the quilt.
All the photos will have trim from her wedding dress and veil around them. There are more gold sparkly trims, too. Not my taste, but dear to the customer.

Border and photo frame treatment. I only went around the people in the photos, as the customer requested no quilting on them.

The satin back. It was so slippery when applying the binding, I missed sewing the top completely into the binding and had to un-pick places and re-sew them. Yuck! I'm glad it's done and gone!
Sunday afternoon, I started a little project of my own just for fun. I pulled blues and yellows from my stash and got busy cutting and sewing this strip quilt. It is made with strip sets, with the block components cut with a 45 degree ruler. All bias edges! Oops! Not the quick and easy project I was hoping to do. I have all the block halves done and am working on sewing them together. No work will be done on this today. I'm off to a class where we will be learning rope bowl sewing. I have never tried this and am looking forward to some fun with other quilters.

The picture from the book

Two blocks. That's all I have done!

The other 40 blocks, ready to sew together.
I'm off to my class. Molly knows something is up...she is taking her toys out and laying on them. She does this when she is worried we are leaving for somewhere without her. Mr W will be here, so she won't be sad for long!

Don't worry, Molly. I'll be back!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.