Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Quilt of Valor

My day didn't go at all as planned. It started with multiple customers bringing quilts in the morning and putting the kibosh on the sewing group. The last one left at noon, and I had to be at the eye doctor by 1:00. My glasses are adjusted again, but still squeeze my face a bit. I'll just have to get used to them. I see so much clearer, I need to wear them. A quick run to the store for a ready baked cake and some ice cream for later, then home for a bit of quilting before we had to get ready to go out.
I quilted this Quilt of Valor while starting another rope bowl.

This one is for a Navy vet. The border is all Navy stuff.

Flags on the back

Panto: Simply Stars
Mr Wazoo spent most of the morning on hold while trying to make an appointment with the V.A.. He has been approved to get his hearing aids and now needs the appointment to get them. Many, many hoops...he is tired of jumping through them, but hanging in there to get decent hearing at last. We both quilted in the afternoon, and this is the beautiful one he got to do.

These ombre fabrics make lovely quilts, don't they?

Panto: Modern Twist

I like the backing, too!
We had a fun dinner out (I had the grouper...yum!) and ate some carrot cake and ice cream when we got home. Turns out the birthday boy and Mr W will be the same age for one week! Then my dear man will move up a year, out aging all of us! Life sure has a sense of humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.