Saturday, September 22, 2018

A Heavenly Walk Quilt Show in Franklin, NC

A small group of five traveled to Franklin, NC to attend the guild quilt show there. I love a quilt show, and arrived there eager to see some inspiring quilts. The show was staged in two lovely churches just across the street from one another. We parked at the Methodist church and began the quilty day.
I must say, I was disappointed to see the quilts draped over chairs placed on low tables. There were three or four quilts on a table, and it was impossible to see the entire quilt. Part of the experience is to see the quilt as a whole, how all the components work together and how the colors interact across the face of the quilt. There were some beautiful quilts that I really wanted to see hanging, because of the intricacy of their piecing and use of exciting fabric combinations. A real bummer for us quilt junkies.
A short walk away was the Presbyterian church, with quilts in two locations, as well as the vendors, boutique, silent auction and basket raffle. Here, the quilts were a little easier to see because they were draped over the pews in the sanctuary. Still not ideal, but impressive as we came through the doors and saw them all at once. I would have spent more time looking at my favorite quilts, but some were in the middle of the row and not readily accessible to see up close. One of the ones I would have loved to see hanging was draped over a chair...rats!
I guess the take-away from the show was 'make the best of your situation'. Maybe there isn't a venue in Franklin where the guild could hang all the quilts, or maybe they couldn't afford to make or rent display racks. Either way, the show would have been wonderful, if we could have really seen the quilts. I give it a 4 our of 10.
The slide show features my favorites. There were loads of quilts, but I didn't snap them all. Enjoy!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow created with Smilebox

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.