Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A repair finish

I'm happy to say that the embroidered quilt is finished! Way before the deadline, too. After the appliqué and replacement of the worst block, I set in to do the hand quilting. The two blocks next to the ripped one needed to have their feathered hearts re-done, and the setting triangles had to be requilted, too. I also quilted the replacement block to match the others. A soak and wash, and voila!! Good as new.

This is where I started. Giant hole, and no quilting on any of the surrounding blocks.

The binding was completely gone all along the edge. Notice, no quilting in the setting triangles, either.

Ta-Da!! Clean and ready to go home.

The new block is in the center on the right side. I hand quilted the corners and setting triangles, and all the missing quilting from the surrounding blocks. 

The new block

One setting triangle

Another setting triangle

A better look at the new block.

New row at the bottom in this picture.
The fun never ends here at Wazoo. This is the next repair job...

Each grandchild got a quilt when Grandma died. 

My customer got this one. Simple utility quilt, but she told me of the fond memories of sleeping under this quilt on trips to Grandma's house as a youngster. She loves the feeling she has snuggling in this quilt, and wants it fixed.

The batting in the quilt is another quilt! I could see the 9 patch blocks under some of the larger holes.
This evening, I went to my guild in Blue Ridge for a wonderful meeting. There were loads of pretty show and tell projects, and a demo of making multiple half square triangle blocks at one time. Diane did a great job with the demo, and I can't wait to try making 54 -2 1/2 inch HSTs at a time from two fat quarters! My cookies, cupcakes, cheese and cracker platter and pico de gaillo with chips were all a hit. We had enough food for a group twice the size of ours. Pasta salad, veggies, fruit, mini eclairs, banana bread and more cookies from the other two ladies!! Quilters rarely go hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.