Monday, October 1, 2018

Fun and games

Last week was a blur! Tuesday was the guild meeting, with a talk and slideshow from Hissyfitz' Sandy Fitzpatrick. Wednesday, Sandy's class (I got a bunch of hand work done waiting for something to do for her...). Friday...the foot doctor. It seems I may have torn something between my achilles and my foot. Drat! Next week, I go back for an MRI to see what the heck is going on. Until then, and maybe for 6 weeks, I have a lovely Frankenstein boot. It isn't pretty, but my foot feels better when I have it on, and standing on it doesn't hurt! Eureka!

Boot on, foot up, believe it or not...I'm quilting.

See?!  Ha ha ha. It is running and I am sitting!
Meanwhile, Mr Wazoo dutifully quilted in his cave and finished his work so he could do some gardening.

Cute jungle panel, made into sweet quilt.

Panto: Drip

Minkie backing makes it more cuddly

This lap quilt will also be cozy.

Panto: Popcorn

Thick fleece backing.
Then, things changed for the better. I went to the Asheville quilt show with friends and had a marvelous day. First off, my foot barely hurt in the big boot! Second, I won a ribbon!! 
I made a slideshow for you, too. There were 300 quilts, so you're only seeing the ones I liked...sorry. Please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.