Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Needed foot rest...

I started the day with big aspirations, but standing on my bad foot for several hours picking out a load of quilting changed that plan. Two looooong rows of quilting had a tension problem that caused a mess on the back. Bah! Humbug!! It took most of the morning to pick out the stitching and another hour to line up and re-sew the bad places. By then, my foot was throbbing. I quit...for the rest of the day. Here is the finished quilt that caused my dilemma.

The world's biggest toe shoes!! 94 x 104"

Panto: Stacked Snailz

A look at the troublesome back.
Meanwhile, Mr Wazoo raced ahead with more of the quilts in the line...

Quilt number one for a Florida Customer's Christmas gifts

Pieced back. That's a lot of team spirit!

Panto: Square Spiral
He has quilt number two on the frame and will finish it tomorrow. He would have had it done today, but we had a bit of a catastrophe here. The ladybugs are back!!! They absolutely take over the house and cause a big mess. Mr W jumped into action and vacuumed up thousands of bugs that came in the French doors of our bedroom. I freaked when I came up to the house for lunch and there were armies of bugs crawling and flying around in the bedroom!! This happens every year, but the number of bugs seems bigger this year. Mr W stuffed rags along the cracks of the doorframes and swept the thousands of the critters off the sunny side of the house. They'll all be back tomorrow, but it looks better now.
Too bad the real ones aren't this cute...
I gave in to pain and have been sitting with my feet up watching a Christmas movie and catching up on paperwork and emails.
We cleaned out the fridge and will be eating the stuff that will spoil if we leave it here while we're gone. BLTs tonight! Back to quilting tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.