Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Preparation day

The quilting wound down today and the machines are clean and oiled. They'll have a break for awhile . Mr Wazoo finished up another of the 12 Christmas present quilts, and I finished up the charity quilt binding and packed them up for mailing tomorrow. He didn't get a photo, so you'll have to wait to see it.

Two for the team!

Ready to go to Florida.
The ladybugs came back with a vengeance and Mr W went to war with them again, stuffing more rags in cracks around doors and windows. I vacuumed 50 or so in the same corner of the bedroom (on my side, of course) and caught a bunch in the stink bug trap on the back porch. Oh yes, we are plagued with stink bugs, too.
These were between the window and screen where I look out when at my sewing table. Yuk! Mr Wazoo said the screen wasn't on properly and they got in.

Bugs...
The long line of quilts is slowly getting smaller. We counted 16 left to do when we get back from Texas. Not bad, considering we started with 30 and have been taking in quilts every day! 6 have been mailed off, and these are still waiting to be claimed by their owners.

We finally got the lime green bags again. I missed having them to cheer up my customers.
These six quilts will go home soon.
On the way upstairs, I took a few pictures because Fall has finally arrived. Some trees dropped their leaves out of sheer frustration, but the persistent ones waited for the cool weather to put on a show. Pretty soon, we'll have a fire in the fireplace and wear a sweatshirt when going outside. 
Fall is my favorite season. Pumpkins, that chill in the air, flocks of geese winging their way north, and the promise of two turkey dinners in the near future!!

Street view

Driveway view

My walk upstairs view

The burning bushes are really pretty! They're only a few  months in the ground, so next year they'll be even better!!

Mountain view from the front porch.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.