Thursday, October 18, 2018

The race is on!

Oh dear! We have taken in 27 quilts in less than a week!! Mr W and I have made our plan, and will get them finished in good time. I started the day by applying and finishing the binding on the two charity quilts.
This is the second charity quilt. Bright and cheerful.

Panto: Small Splat

Green backing, yellow binding has since been applied.

Then I loaded a Quilt of Valor on the APQS, and a customer quilt on the Gammill and went to work. The QOV is finished, and the big custom job is about half finished.

This QOV is like a burst of fireworks.

Even with red thread, it is hard to see the Simply Stars panto.

Patriotic backing.

I am doing the lowest custom on this quilt. The customer wants all over feathers, so I am doing a feather meander. It takes some time and uses a bunch of thread, but is just what she wants. I should finish it up tomorrow.

I did get this quilt done yesterday even with all the many interruptions from people bringing quilts.

This scrappy Bento Box quilt will be raffled to raise money for the customer's  granddaughter's school.

Panto: Woven Wind

The pattern really shows nicely on the white backing.

On the homefront, we had a bear in the woods last night when I took Molly out for the final pee. She just sniffed the ground and went about her business, oblivious to the bear about twenty feet away. I chanted "Hurry up!" to her and she came back inside just as the bear ambled off into the darkness. Our yard light makes a sphere of light in the yard, and partially into the woods up the hill, but outside that sphere...blackness. No ambient light here. It is really dark! Sometimes I feel like there is something just outside the sphere watching me and Molly, and those nights are the most uncomfortable ones. It was just as dark in the Wisconsin woods, but I never had the feeling there.
This morning Mr Wazoo was yelling and waving his arms out on the back porch at a small herd of deer having breakfast in his garden!! Between his outburst and Molly's yapping, they scattered in all directions. Never a dull moment!
I have another full day tomorrow, so I need to get some Zzzz's.
Stand in the light!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.