Wednesday, November 28, 2018

One day closer...


I am so excited!! My entire family will be here for Christmas. Our daughter, who lives in Arizona, and my two grandkids will make the trip for the first time in years. The twins will both be here, too, as well as my son, his wife and two more grandkids!! This house will be a beehive of activity and fun.
Until that happens, we will be quilting or fingers off to get our work done. Mr Wazoo did two for the same customer, and I began a custom quilt for a friend.

The first quilt is this patriotic one. It will be a great gift for a family member!

The customer requested swirls, so that is what Mr W did. I don't know the name of the pattern...sorry.

Swirly backing, too.

The second quilt was this pretty French General fabric one.
The stars are just scrape enough to give the quilt some sparkle.

Panto: Trellis Vine

Matching backing.
The custom quilt has intricate manipulated fabric blocks.
The name of the pattern is Mexican Star. It's really beautiful.
I am about 2/3 done with the quilting, and have it re-loaded from the APQS to the Gammill for the hand guided quilting. I prefer to do my free motion quilting on the Gammill.



This morning when we got up, it was really cold!! 20 degrees! I took a picture from the same location on the road as a few days before, just to show you the difference in climate from here to the mountain tops! The snowy peaks were pretty.


On the home front, it's beginning to look Christmasy.
The tree decorating is finished and we have started to get the other items out, as well.

Sure, there's work waiting, but Christmas comes only once a year and we have to stop and enjoy  the traditions and make new memories.



1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.