Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I'm pooped!!

Two days of non-stop baking (with another trip to the grocery store to get the food for the rest of the week) and I am finished! Ten varieties of cookies and three kinds of candies. Mr Wazoo washed all the windows and cleaned the bathrooms today, and says he will vacuum the house tomorrow. What a guy!! I have to change all the sheets and get the beds ready, and wrap the gifts.
I'm sure you all have things to do to get ready for Christmas or the New Year, too. The anticipation is what fuels me through the season.
At the guild Christmas party last night, we enjoyed a wonderful meal, some fun games and the installation of the officers for 2019. They each got a sewing aid as a symbol of their office; A measuring tape for the treasurer, quilting hoop for the secretary, thread for the vice president and needles for the president.It was a nice ceremony!
Peaceful Mountain Quilters' Guild  new officers

My friend (and customer),Pam, brought her quilt for show and tell!

Some of my decorations. I have these out every year. Snowmen here, Santas on the mantel, and my quilty nativity scene. 

We found the nativity scene at a garden center in Southern Pines, NC years ago.
We'll be ready by Friday, when we'll go to Atlanta to pick up some of our tribe! If I get too busy to post again, Merry Christmas to all of you out there in the blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.