Saturday, January 26, 2019

Day full of fun


If you haven't see The Green Book, you need to. I went yesterday with a friend, and thought it was a perfect reflection of our country in the early 60s. Well written and acted. A winner.
Before the matinee, I worked on the first border of the raffle quilt. I got it all glue-basted on and here is the result. I hope to get this one sewn today.

Close up of some of the elements. The bias stem is sewn down, the flowers not sewn down. All have turned edges.

Here is the whole shebang, berries and all.

What it will look like on the quilt.
The studio is a terrible mess, but it can't be helped. The fabrics need to be available for the next three borders.

More bias stem, waiting to be pressed and sewn.
The borders themselves, all pressed and ready for flowers.
My pressing area. I have the pattern for placement, the envelopes of freezer paper pieces to be applied to fabrics, and glue stick.
All the fabrics used for the first border. I will draw from these for the other side border.

Yesterday was also my only son's birthday. He celebrated with his family on a pizza outing and some yummy cake at home. I miss being with them and love the pictures and videos they send.

Papa and his peanut have some cake.
I have the Halloween quilt ditch-stitched, and need to get on with the quilting. It has languished on the frame for a couple of weeks while I did other things. I just can't figure out how to do all the things I need to do at the same time. Quilting, repairing quilts and making appliqué borders can only be accomplished one at a time. Frustrating!! So, it's time to go to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.