Monday, January 21, 2019

Fun day-Sunday

I had fun yesterday making the final two borders for my Thicket quilt. I loaded it on the machine before quitting for the day, and hope to get it finished today!

The challenge with the border was that I only had a yard of the black grunge dot to work with! I spent quite a bit of time sewing patches to insert into the borders to make them fit. There was about an inch of the dot fabric left when I was done!

Loaded up and ready to quilt. I found some gray swirly fabric for the back in my stash! Total coup.
While sewing away on the Thicket, I had the APQS chugging along on this beautiful log cabin quilt for a customer. I guess you could call it a palette cleanser, after the wonky one the day before. Perfectly square, perfectly flat. Woo hoo!

This is scrappy goodness! I loved the mix of blues and the reds just pop.

Panto: Alpine

The dark backing really shows off the quilting pattern.
Mr Wazoo helped out with tracing the pieces for the first border of the raffle quilt. Somebody smarter than I am could have used their Scan and Cut to do this, but I knew it would take hours for me to figure it out, so I opted for the low tech light box way. I cut the pieces out during Victoria on PBS and will pick fabrics today.

There's a lot of appliqué in my future. This is only ONE border...
Super blood wolf moon. That's what happened last night. I took a very bad picture of the giant full moon around 7 pm, and ventured out in the cold to see the total eclipse at 12:30 this morning. Brrrr!! It was freezing outside, and very dark! It was so weird to look at an orange full moon, and yet see millions of stars like the new moon phase. No picture of the blood moon...the phone saw only blackness.
That's not the sun through the trees, it is the huge fuel moon!

It was another cool moment of a lifetime that Mr W snored through. He had to get up early to go see his Mom  in SC. She is in the hospital, and he is going over to see what is being done and how she is doing. You may remember that his Mom is 97 years old, so every illness or fall is a scary moment for us.

Mr W's Mom at Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.