Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A lot going on, not much getting done.


After a trip to the dentist for a check-up, I sequestered myself in the studio and set to work on my projects at hand. I have the raffle quilt top finished, and the backing loaded on the Gammill for the stitch in the ditch. I can't start quilting yet, because I am out of Quilters Dream wool batts! I have the batting ordered and hope it comes quickly.
Ta Da! The raffle quilt is now a flimsy! Too big for the design wall, so I had to squeeze it between the two longarms.

This is the Moda fabric I chose for the backing

A close up of the top and bottom border flowers.
I also finished up the un-quilting on the blue and white quilt and re-quilted it to my satisfaction. One row was off to the right about a quarter of an inch, and I didn't notice it right away. I had to un pick about a foot of quilting. yuk.
I made the binding from plain blue fabric, and will assemble it and sew it on tomorrow.

There are some small puckers and tucks, but for an old, hand pieced quilt, I think it looks pretty good.

The orange peel quilting.

I used an old sheet from when we had an RV for the backing.

Quilt and binding ready to be sewn tomorrow.
Two more QOVs came today and I started them while prepping tee shirts for a customer quilt. I should have both quilts finished tomorrow, and Mr Wazoo will get them sent off to the binding person.

I love the panels that are coming out for QOVs! They make it an easier task to get the quilt finished and to a deserving Vet.

I'm not thrilled with this new panto. It has a squiggly line with a star above and below it at intervals. There is just too much open area for my liking.

I do love this backing!!

The second one is almost done. The panel is of Mt Rushmore. I'll get a picture when it is finished.
This is a pile of trimmed tee shirts. The stabilizer is cut and paired with each shirt, and I need to press it on.
I already stabilized the smaller pieces and cut them into ovals and circles.

I am still working on two repairs, and came across this interesting find. I removed a large torn piece, and found this second quilt was used as the batting!! The blocks of the inside quilt are in better shape than the actual top, so I have decided to appliqué the edges of the top pieces down and leave the good 9 patch blocks exposed. I think the customer will be really surprised.

Oh my! This is wonderful.

I wish I knew what was under everything, but it must not all be wonderful or the quilter wouldn't have covered it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.