Monday, February 4, 2019

Happy Birthday!...to ME

Today was my birthday, and it has been a nice day from start to finish. Even Google said happy birthday!
These dancing candles appeared when I started up the laptop.

My west coast daughter sent me some beautiful flowers, Mr Wazoo gave me a set of knives (hmmmm....very trusting of him), my son sent a pizza stone and peel and a baguette baking pan. My Wisconsin friend sent a text video of herself playing piano and singing Happy Birthday (very cool!!). My sister, my friends and my Arizona daughter all sang to me, too..on three phone calls! Another friendly couple brought over a birthday cake and ice cream! We all had cake and ice cream for lunch. Life is good. Mr Wazoo added the finishing touch to my perfect day with grilled spare ribs, homemade slaw and baked beans. Yum. Sixty six is off to a good start.
My pretty birthday flowers

In the studio, I worked on a personal project today. Months ago I worked at the local storytelling festival, providing a quilt display from the guild and answering questions about the quilts and the guild with some friends. A lady came and asked if there was anyone interested in some old quilt tops and fabrics. Of course, I took the bait. I paid $50 for two 1930s tops in really good shape, and a bag of fabric scraps for my restoration and repair side of the business. I got out one of the tops yesterday and gave it a good starch and press, and added a border. I loaded it up on the Millie and started quilting it today. It will make a nice utility quilt, or maybe just a display quilt in the guest room.


1930s or 40s Robbing Peter to pay Paul quilt top. All hand pieced!

I squared to up and added a border for stabilization.

The border fabric

Every row is just a bit wonky, but it is going along well. I'm almost at the bottom!
You'll get the big picture tomorrow when I get it off the frame.
On the work front, I quilted this darling panel baby quilt for a customer.

I've quilted another one of these panels before. I think it is really sweet. The batik border she chose works perfectly with the colors in the picture.

Panto: Splat

Pink swirly backing.
The stems are sewn down on the top and bottom raffle quilt borders, and all the bits for the appliqué are traced and ready for cutting and pressing to the fabric. That will be another tomorrow task as well as starting a customer tee shirt quilt. Never a dull moment here at Wazoo!

Pretty dull looking now, but bloomingly wonderful soon.

More freezer paper bits. Thank goodness there is Victoria and Pride and Prejudice on PBS tonight. No football here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.