Sunday, March 31, 2019

Back to Winter?!


I wish the weather would straighten out and just be Spring!! Now, we are having yet another cold snap and our baby plants and budded trees are in danger of freezing. Mr Wazoo isn't happy about it, but is diligently working to get the gardens cleaned up and the mulch spread. Thus, we haven't had any production from his man cave as far as quilting goes, so no posts. My work is slow and boring for you to look at. Here is a taste of what I am working on. It will be a couple of more days before it is done.

This is a lovely small quilt, done with French General fabrics that are so pretty!!

I did simple feathered wreaths in the pineapple blocks

I continued the feather theme in the appliqué blocks. I'll come back later and add detail to the flowers and leaves.

Yup, more feathers in the appliqué border. The inner border will have straight line quilting.
I also quilted three tee shirt quilts while doing the custom work. I haven't trimmed them yet, so they will be in tomorrow's post. I did finish another small quilt before starting this one. Here it is.

Little Rowan should grow to love Grandma's quilt for him.

Grandma sent a photo of how she wanted the quilting, so I didn't have to think too hard. ha ha ha

Little animals dance across the quilt.

The backing is a soft flannel.
Mr Wazoo and I made a trip to Ellijay on Friday afternoon, and found a used dresser for me. I have had the same dresser since my 16th birthday, and I need more drawer space!! He has five big drawers in his dresser, and I have only two deep ones and a skinny one. He plans to paint this for me and fix the bubbles in the veneer. I'm just happy to get more space for my clothes.

Inexpensive and roomy. Just what I need.
I think it has some personality, too. Ikea is nice, but this is better.
Now, I just have to settle on a color...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.