Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Quick post, then off to bed!

I made some good progress on the Glacier Star quilt today, getting nearly all the white parts done.I hope to finish the rest and move on to turquoise on Friday.

There are four of these

Eight of these

A loooong snake of these flying geese, too!

Just these flying geese to do, and I'll change colors!
My tools are still laying on the quilt...there is no orange in it.
Mr Wazoo did two quilts today, but one is still on his machine.

This is the first of three quilts for a Florida customer.

I can't remember the name of the panto, but it has good open areas to keep it soft.

With fleece on the back, we didn't want anything too dense. That makes the quilt a bit stiff.
I had to add more fabric to the backing of this quilt as well as sew the fabric together into a back! I like it when everything is big enough, square, sewn and pressed. Sigh...I'd say one out of five quilts needs some work before we can quilt it.

I didn't finish the quilting because I have to wait for the spray starch to dry. I'm attempting to get the far right square to shrink a bit so it won't have numerous tucks from the quilting. Fingers crossed!
Last night at guild, my friend Linda the art quilter showed this quilt. She and her grandson were at a museum somewhere and there was a sculpture made from thousands of tiny mirrors. She took a photo of the two of them, and made a quilt! Weird, but so cool.
Linda with the original photo.

And here is the quilt! All tiny pieces of fabric. 
Tomorrow early, I am off to Pigeon Forge for the quilt show there. It is a nice big show with fun vendors, and the best thing is...it's FREE! I'll be driving because one of the gals had a small surgery today and is on medication that makes her drowsy. There will be three or four of us going, so it should be a grand day out! Now, off to bed!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.