Sunday, March 17, 2019

Retreat and Louisville fun

The retreat (and my free motion quilting class) ended with a bang before everyone went their separate ways. I won the challenge block contest with my red bird block, and quickly spent the $50 taking Mr Wazoo out to dinner later in Louisville. After the retreat, I took Kay back to my house where Henry was waiting for her. I unpacked the dirty clothes, packed some clean clothes, and set off for Louisville, KY with Mr Wazoo. I signed up for a longarm class with Linda Hrcka (pronounced Hirshka) of Pineapple Quilts, and was excited to meet her as well as Angela Huffman, the owner of Quilted Joy. I really didn't take a lot of pictures at either place, but had a wonderful time with my friends in Dillard, and my classmates in Louisville.


Some of the girls at the Dillard House Inn, yukking it up while waiting for the farm fresh breakfast.

Kay taught her 'Lucy" class...and it looks like it was a roaring success!

These students all did a great job.

Some of my students with their free motion projects.
We were wearing our silly hats...

More of my class showing off their quilting. 

Good job, ladies!!


Diana, in the indian feather hat, taught creative borders. Her class made beautiful pieced and appliquéd borders.
More of Diana's students.

These gals all made and donated quilts for charity.

Someone will love to get these. Thank you to everyone who sewed for charitable causes.

Switch to Louisville, where we had our class at Quilted Joy, home of APQS sales and a longarm shop, owned and operated by Angela Huffman. I learned all about my Millie by watching Angela on Youtube. 

Linda Hrcka's quilts were hanging on display for us to study.

She showed us many many samples of her designs as well as slides of quilts she has done. Everything was stunning...and a bit intimidating. I felt totally inadequate as a quilter, but determined to try to improve using Linda's tips and techniques..

Just, Wow!

I took this picture of a slide on the screen. It is the back of a quilt, showing the quilting.

Linda is a young woman with a bright future in quilting. It's good to see these new quilters rising through the ranks of the best of the best.
Mr Wazoo, driver for my tired self, and faithful companion on quilting trips.
We had a nice room in the hotel to relax in, and he enjoyed his time going to garden centers and antique malls. On Saturday night, the QOV coordinator, Sheryl, cam down from Dayton, OH just to meet me! Mr Wazoo and I went to a swanky Italian restaurant for dinner, and had a wonderful time chatting and getting acquainted  We both had a good time, but it was nice to come home and relax with Molly. I'll be hard at work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.