Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Back in the studio!

I am happy to be back in my happy place and messing about with fabric. I put away all the stuff I bought without taking a picture of it all. My bad! Mostly, I just wanted to have a clean slate and get to work.
First, I loaded and quilted this customer project.
I think the fabric looks like those sun printed ones. It is a collection of panel pieces with printed fabric in every other square.

Panto: Butterfly Swirl

A peek at the back
While quilting the blue quilt I cut and fused the last two blocks for the triangle applique quilt. 
All the blocks are ready for the buttonhole stitching!
Mr Wazoo did one quilt, and then painted another coat on my rescued sewing machine cabinet.
This customer quilt reminds me of Wisconsin!

Panto: Trailing vine

Cute pieced back
Mr Wazoo quilted this while I was in Paducah, and I added the binding when I got home. It has already left the studio with the quiltmaker, bound for a new Grandbaby!
Made with a bright jelly roll

Panto: Ebb and flow
I bought some heat reflective fabric in Paducah to re-do the big ironing surface. Mr W applied it and the new fabric, too!
Reflective side. There is soft flannel-like stuff on the back.


All done! I'm sure it won't look this pristine for long...
I got the strips cut from a huge assortment of stripes and plaids, mostly homespuns, for the alternate blocks in my triangle quilt. I hope to get some sewn and cut today.

Piles of fabric to put away!

Strips waiting to be sewn.

I took some flower pictures after work. The Lenten roses are blooming and look so pretty with the purple vinca.

Aren't they sweet?

Tickseed opened, too!

All because of this hard working gardener! Enjoying a beer at the end of his day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.