Thursday, April 11, 2019

Quilting on a sunny day

We got up this morning with thick fog and cool air. The porch and all the porch furniture were wet, and the grass covered with dew. By ten o'clock the fog had dissipated and the sun came out in all it's glory. It shaped up to be a beautiful day! I missed it, of course. I am determined to get most of the quilts here out the door before our vacation in May. Here's a start.

The finished binding on the pink embroidered quilt

The first of two Quilts of Valor

Panto: Simply Stars

Great patriotic backing

The second QOV

Same panto: Simply Stars

Another great back, too.

Ready to be mailed to Tennessee tomorrow.
Mr Wazoo worked in the man cave, and finished a quilt. He hasn't taken it off the machine yet. He was antsy to get out and enjoy at least part of the day.

I want to see what it looks like! Tomorrow we'll have the photos.
On the Gammill, I have a custom QOV for a local customer. The quilt will be given to her son. I really hope to get it done tomorrow. I did the stitch in the ditch today.

SID completed, on to the fun part.
Remember the leg in the picture of Mr W's quilts yesterday? Here are two of the drawers painted with the color I wanted.

He also cleaned up the brasses. 

Here you can see what the 'before' and 'after' look like.
It's time for bed, and I have to show you the picture my daughter in law sent in a text last night. Dechen in his jammies after brushing his teeth. A mundane moment that warms my heart! Good night everybody!

He has his dad's eyebrows, for sure!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.