Friday, April 5, 2019

Rolling along

There must have been a front go through here last night, because the wind was so furious it blew the front door open! The knob lock was on, but not the deadbolt, so I hooked the screen door and threw the bolt to be sure it didn't happen again while we were sleeping. This morning dawned gray and peaceful; everything wet from rain. Mr Wazoo spent the day yesterday doing yard work and spreading a truckload of mulch, so today will be a quilting day for him.
I worked all day in the studio yesterday, finishing a couple of customer quilts and getting going on some others. Here are the finished projects.
I have quilted this same design for another customer in the past. It is sure beautiful!

The background is stylized wind and snow. The only quilting on the cardinal are some feathers for his wing.

Continuous line quilting in the squares

I have to say, the quilt maker made perfect circles, and the applique stitch is  invisible and tiny.

This is the big quilt where I spent some precious time picking out a row of quilting Mr W put in. I spritzed and steamed the affected area, and the stitching marks closed up just fine. The bottom of the quilt is also 2 inches bigger than the top, so some starching was done to shrink up the fabric. There were a few tiny places where all that extra fabric folded over with the quilting, but I was able to manually manipulate most of the fullness into submission. I think it turned out very well. I did notice the piecing error in the top right hand block. See it? That's an oops.

Panto: Flower Power

A look at the pretty lavender backing.
Another customer sent the blocks she made for a quilt for her daughter's birthday. It has to be finished by May first, so I need to get a move on with it. I need to make the sashing and borders, as well as add some quotes she sent that are favorites of the recipient. There isn't enough fabric for the border, and none for the backing, so that will be a priority for finishing the project.

The daughter is a teacher, which explains the use of the schoolhouse block. Pretty red fabrics make up the blocks.
The other quilt top she sent is humongous!! The backing (I have to get that) will extend from side to side on my table. This will be a challenging project, to be sure!! It's pretty, but gigantic.

Just, wow.
On my walk to the top yesterday, I stopped and admired the rock garden in the back of the house. Mr Wazoo does a wonderful job keeping everything tidy and beautiful, and Mother Nature does the rest. Things are starting to bud or bloom, and I am confident it will warm up soon. For today...more pouring rain.
I had better get dressed and get to the studio. It is going to be another busy day!

The shrubs and the phlox are going great guns. Fresh mulch makes a dark background to set off the new growth.

My birth month flower, as well as the Wisconsin state flower! We have violets popping out all along the driveway.


We said good bye to Winkie, and sent him home.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.