Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Wasted day

The day started out fine, happily sewing strips into sets for the triangle block quilt. I also loaded another quilt and started the quilting. Halfway through the quilting I noticed some sparkling in a curve at the outside of my vision in my right eye. I thought I may have looked into a light or something and had that residual 'shadow' in my eye. No way... It became more and more colored and sparkly until it obscured my vision totally and was making me nauseous. I called the eye doctor and Mr Wazoo whisked me off to their office. Turns out it is a thing called Ocular Migraine. The bright sparkles and big white spot lasted about an hour, then faded into a behind-the-eyes headache. Lots of tests later, with dilated eyes, I went home and napped the rest of the day. I'm finally back to normal, but it scared the bejesus out of me, for sure!
Anyhoo, here is what I got done before the eyes went crazy. I hope tomorrow is normal!!

I finished two strip sets, and they made more blocks than I thought they would. I won't use more than two of any set in the finished quilt, but I wanted to see how they are going to look.

Just like I left it. Mr W took a picture for me so I could have something to post.
Tomorrow, I'll finish the quilt on the frame and make more strip sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.