Sunday, May 26, 2019

Big ass quilt!

Excuse me, but that is what it is. The quilt I quilted yesterday was huge. 120x132. I will not do another! The handles on the back of the machine kept hitting the sides of the table frame, and I had to inch the quilt to the left with every roll to account for the wonk in its squareness. The backing went from one end of the leader to the other, making changing the bobbin (and there were loads of bobbins!) very hard. The back is pieced, too, making the right side droop when the rest of the back was flat between the rollers. Yikes! I got a tuck in the back at one point and had to do a bunch of picking and re-quilting to fix that. In the end, the quilt turned out well and I am glad applying the binding falls to the customer!

I admire anyone who takes on a project like this one. It is a lovely quilt, but must have been a bet to shove under the sewing machine while joining the rows!

I had to puddle it on the floor to get the pattern in the picture...

This is the rest of the quilt on the back side of the table!

Panto: African Samba

Most of the back is this lavender fabric.
Mr Wazoo took a couple of hours to quilt this happy carrot quilt.

Aren't they cute?!!

Panto: Yodel

The dreaded all white backing.
It was a long day, and when I finished, I spent some time enjoying MrW's passion for flowers and gardening. He is out there right now, doing what he loves and making our home beautiful.

The front yard id beautiful even though some of the blooms are past their prime.

The primrose are fading, but I still love their delicate beauty.

The clematis is full-on gorgeous. It has started dropping petals, so we'll enjoy it while it lasts. Too bad these things are so fleeting.


A patch of color amid the later blooming plants.


The roses need a dead-heading, but their fragrance is  wonderful.

Another clematis and rose bush hiding the propane tank.

Stella d'oro lilies

The first bloom on the St. John's Wort.

The plant is loaded with buds, so it should be a good show a few days from now.


The garden fairies, having a conversation.
Off to the studio for me! I have to get my stuff around for the guild trash to treasure sale on Tuesday, and finish the comfort quilt I'm making for a member of the evening guild. Busy day ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.