Thursday, May 2, 2019

Moving along

Yesterday, I finished making the strip pieced blocks and the setting triangle. I auditioned several fabrics for the triangles, and settled on a red and blue check that reads purple from far away. Cool!
One possibility

Selection of blocks to choose from.

Final layout?

The audition winner!
I took in a bin of men's ties for a customer quilt, and will be doing that one soon. Meanwhile, I have a tee shirt quilt project to do. The customer started making the quilt, but became overwhelmed and quit. It's hard to start with parts already cut (and parts of the designs cut off), but I think I can fix the quilt and make an acceptable replacement with what I have. I did the un-sewing last night, and now, I am ready to start designing.
Here are the quilts we did yesterday. 

The colors in this bicycle quilt are fresh and happy.

Panto: Small Splat

Nice backing, too.

Mr Wazoo did this strip quilt. Scrappy is always wonderful.

Panto: Bayside.

The backing.
Time to start another day in the studio. Did I mention, I love my job?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.