Sunday, May 5, 2019

Quilting like crazy!

Another rainy weekend with some pretty quilts to brighten up the day. Friday, I worked  on the newly dismantled ties, getting them pressed and ready for interfacing. The Millie and I also finished the quilt from the day before.

Everyone who came to the studio commented on this quilt. It is another beauty made by my sister!

She requested Paradise Feather for the quilting.

The wild flower backing is especially pretty.

Pressing the ties yielded tons of threads. My new ironing board cover looked like the ties were disintegrating!

I went through an entire roll of sticky roller sheets cleaning up the threads!

But, the ties survived, and are now waiting to be fused, cut and sewn.
At the end of the day, the next quilt was loaded, and ready for quilting.

Dresden plates on Red Bull!!

Saturday started out as beautiful as Friday, but turned to a stormy, rainy day by lunchtime. Rainy days are always good for quilting! I finished the Dresden plate quilt and quilted an eye popping lap quilt. The tee shirt quilt will be sewn Sunday. I made the plan for it and have the blocks trimmed and the supporting fabrics selected and cut. 

Even a rainy day can't get me down when I get quilts like this to do!

I used Funky Fans for the panto


Wowser!! Look at this one! I love the bright colorful prints.

The customer asked for Stacked Snailz for the pattern, and I think it looks great.

The backing is wild, too.
The big storm knocked out the power for a few hours in the afternoon, but the new generator started right up and we kept on keeping on. I would say that was some money well spent! The generator has kept the lights on and the machines running several times since we had it installed. Everything calmed down in the evening, and I am hoping for a sunnier tomorrow!
Molly, too.

Hangin' in the porch after the rain.





1 comment:

  1. WOW - what a feast for the eyes! Love all of the colors and patterns. Will have to read more about the ties, too.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.