Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Texas show and tell, and heading out

I left you with the quilters in Harlingen Texas, and I have a bit more to show you before we jump in the car and head for Arizona. After the speaker finished, we had some eye candy from the members.










The next morning we left for Fort Stockton, TX by way of San Antonio. Mr Wazoo had never been there, so we made a side trip to the Alamo.

Hello, San Antonio!

The downtown is really clean and beautiful. I love the old buildings with all the detail.


Mr W at the memorial to the Alamo dead.
Bonham and Bowie are the famous heroes on this side of the monument.

One of the re-enactors who schooled us on cannons.

Get three guys talking about fire power and you'll be bored silly.
I know I was! Mr W loved it all.

The mission building of the Alamo. The museum and displays were fantastic.

In the courtyard outside the mission.

Just above the walled fort, you can see modern San Antonio and the Texas flag.

The well in the courtyard


The live oak tree is so old and so huge, it has a sign warning tall people to duck!

One end of the memorial. The names of the fallen heroes are listed all around the base.

The most famous hero get to be front and center. Here are Travis and Crockett.

The other end has this lovely statue.
From San Antonio, we drove far into west Texas and stopped for the night at the far outpost town of Fort Stockton. I'll take you out of Texas and on to New Mexico and Arizona tomorrow. We have had a fun trip so far with near perfect weather, once we got out of Louisiana!
Tomorrow, in real time, we'll be visiting Tombstone! 

My two favorite geezers sharing a quiet afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.