Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A good day for quilting.

We finally got some rain today, and the gardens are happy for it. Mr Wazoo was stuck indoors for a while, so he quilted. I quilted, too... and vacuumed, answered what seemed like 100 phone calls, and sorted my stack of magazines to donate to the quilt fest boutique. Just another day at Wazoo.

Big green bird quilt.

Oops! My favorite photobomber.

Panto: Splat

Cute feather backing keeps the theme going.

Mr Wazoo did this modern baby quilt.

I like the quilt pattern, and the panto, Popcorn, is a perfect choice.

Pieced backing, too!

The grumpy ladybug quilt

The panto is Argos. It is a big, leafy pattern.

This dot fabric is wonderful.

The backing fabric is also colorful and leafy.

Lots of quilts waiting to go home!
I sewed a few blocks at the end of the day. I now have three quilts in progress, and none near completion. Pretty soon, I'll have to get going on one of them!

Not much to look at yet.
A little bird called me tonight and told me I had won a ribbon in the East Cobb quilt show. Sure enough, I looked at the winner's list and saw my quilt, Sunday Afternoon, won third place. Henry won Honorable Mention for his quilt and my customer won Honorable mention for hers! Yippee!

Henry with his quilt, always a crowd favorite.

My quilt

My customer's quilt.


I snapped a quick picture when the rain let up. The color is a bit off, but the lily is still pretty!
Tomorrow, I am off to the show to visit my quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.