Sunday, July 7, 2019

Mystery solved!



The reveal! It's a chicken.
I finished the project on the design wall, and now, I have the borders to contemplate. I spent the day putting away all the bits of fabric left from the project and vacuuming the studio. Now that I have it back to normal, I can get on with the quilting in an area suitable for company to see.

From this...

to this. A bit better, but newly messed up with the next project's stuff.
We are having a display of woodland creatures at the quilt show, and I dressed mine today. All I have to do is get the props sewn on and she''ll be ready. Betty Bear.

Betty is ready for bed, with her bear slippers on!

She was much more comfortable in the recliner.

I loaded up the next customer quilt and got a few rows done before it was time to quit for the day. I also sewed the binding onto another customer quilt. I'll finish that tomorrow.

The customer sewed these antique Dresden plates to background squares, and made a quilt!

The first go-round is finished, and the binding will be pressed and sewn on the other side tomorrow.
Mr Wazoo and I spent the morning on the phone and the computer filling out forms and talking with the hospice nurse, the nursing home people and the final arrangements man at the funeral home. After all was done and dusted, we talked about our own futures and decided to start our final plans, too. We don't want our kids to have to do what we are doing now, especially when family is under a lot of stress and things are chaotic. Mr W will sleep better tonight, and face whatever comes tomorrow with a clear mind and a plan.
Molly is back in her element after the cleaning woman finished picking up all her toys and putting them away in her toy box. Molly picked through the pile of furry goodies and took out her three lambs. Huey, Dewey and Louie, with various limbs missing and mended. The planets are realigned.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.