Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Home again


I'm back in Georgia. I have to go back to work. But first, here are some more photos of trip stuff.

Polk Park. It didn't rain, but it looked really cool!!

Behind the trees, you see the Blackhawk ski jumps, used for Olympic training when I was young.
On the right are the wind turbines in Waunakee. 

This parkland has different areas to explore. This is the biggest sunflower field I have ever been in!


There are paths mowed through the wildflower prairies and crop fields.

I put my son in front of the corn so you can see how tall it is!

On the hilly part there is a small woodland.

Beautiful wildflowers are all over. We saw an otter dart from one field to another, too!

The sunflowers are beyond their peak, but still tall and lovely.

A typical Wisconsin county road. From my sister's house to my daughter's house, I went on many of these!

I had a delicious quiche here while some ladies knitted, crocheted and chatted in comfortable chairs near by. 

Later, my kids and I went to Fitchburg for an art festival.
There were kite flyers, live music, an array of food offerings and some unique art pieces.

Biotech Bucky

My stylish grandson

The happy family

One selection was Celtic music. 

There were several rows of vendors and artists.
We ran into my friend, Georgia, at the fair, as well!

Cycling cow

Later, we all went out to eat, and my dapper grandson wore his new rainbow shoes.
The whole clan from Wisconsin!



Back at home, I unpacked my goodies and went back to work in the studio. I miss Wisconsin already...

From quilt shops...

From the art fair...

From the garden center...

From another garden center...

From an antique shop

What a good catch this was! And hand quilted, too...

Mmmmm,,,Blue ribbon picks from the cheese store!
We'll be back to quilting tomorrow. I worked on the final border of my triangle quilt, and should begin quilting my show quilts soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.