Monday, September 16, 2019

Another Sunday Fun day

I had a really good time yesterday quilting and sewing. I finished the big green quilt, and I think it looks wonderful! I cut out the circles for my demo quilt, and sewed up a pile of them. Later, I started the slow task of turning them right side out. More to come on that front! In the late afternoon, I had a couple of hours to spare, so I cut out and sewed up a class sample of the quilt for mt October class. That's how quickly you can make this quilt! It is my go to quilt for a quick gift, and for charity quilts. I just love it. The one I made is geared more to an adult, but this pattern is perfect for those fun juvenile prints.
Today, we're off to an attorney meeting, and then to Cleveland where I need to get another yard of fabric for my demo quilt. I didn't buy enough and need enough to make the quilt a nice lap size.

The quilt maker gave a demo of the block in this quilt at the last guild meeting. It's nice to see how it looks as a quilt.

I chose a leafy vine pattern for the quilting because the quilt is predominantly greens , golds and tans.

Maybe you can discern the pattern better from the back.

Here are the circles, all sewn and ready for turning. They look like colorful pancakes, don't they?

This is a 2-3-2-6 quilt top. I made it yesterday afternoon.

I love the cherry fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.