Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Catching up with work!

I finished the binding on the repaired quilt and the owner is coming to pick it up next weekend. Whoever had the quilt over the years took very good care of it. No big holes or stains. A really soft and cuddly family quilt.

So pretty and fresh looking for an 'old lady'. I figure this quilt was made around 1940, making it  almost 80 years old! (Molly is in her spot, waiting for someone to come to the door.)

No more open seams!

A nice new binding to finish the transformation. Ready for another 80 years.
On the Millie was the quilt I loaded yesterday. It is also done. Very pretty!!

This will be a signed comfort quilt for a member of the evening guild.

Panto: Splat

I like the back, too!
The next vintage customer project I am tackling is a Grandmother's flower garden quilt started by the customer's Mom. She made the flowers free-standing, and hand quilted them. I am going to applique them to white backgrounds, set them on point, and add a buttery yellow border with the setting triangles. The customer provided a picture of a similar quilt she liked with the yellow border. I need to make one more flower to have enough for a queen sized quilt. The flowers are huge and need 18 inch blocks as background. I'll get the fabrics I need tomorrow, and get going on this.

Just another odd project to challenge my quilting skills...
Last thing today, I loaded and started the quilting on a king sized quilt with beautiful Autumn colors. There was an open seam on this quilt like the Christmas one from yesterday. I went all over the quilt in case there were any more, but there was only the one. A quick stitch up on the Bernina and it was off to the races. I imagine this will take most of the day tomorrow. The panto the customer selected is complicated and a real thread eater. Each bobbin only does one and a half rows! The quilt is 110 inches long, so Millie will get a good workout.

Millie is resting up until I get back to the studio.
Mr Wazoo told me today to start looking at new Apple laptops, as ours is showing it's age. It is getting slower and slower as well as frequently crashing. I've been limping along with it, restarting over and over to keep it going. The man says the new computer is my Christmas present. Ooh la la!! I love to shop electronics!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.