Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Oooooh! Choosing fabrics for a couple of projects!

I pulled some fabric for my class sample I need to make before the 19th. I know what I want it to look like, so the selection was a breeze. Cutting came next, closely followed by some strip piecing. I can hardly wait to see it start to come together tomorrow.

This is the quilt. I made one years ago for a class, but it is currently hanging in the Young Harris library and won't be available by the 19th. It is all Halloween fabrics.
Here are the sets I made this afternoon. The quilt will be more bright and colorful than the one in the picture.
The giant quilt from yesterday was quilted on the Millie, and took all day to do. It turned out nice, and I am happy I don't have to do the binding!!

This will look really beautiful on a queen bed.
It is 96 inches wide and 110 inches long, enough for a pillow tuck.

It started out as a throw, but the customer said it got bigger and bigger as she added blocks and borders.

The panto is Forest Floor, a very thread heavy, complicated pattern. Each row took a full bobbin!

The backing is a nice rust color.
In the afternoon, I made a trip to town to get the fabrics for the flower garden quilt. I should be able to get it started by the weekend. I also picked up the fabric for the sky in the class quilt. I love our fabric shop!!
It was also my grandson's birthday today. He turned four, and his Papa made him a rainbow cake. He really has a thing for rainbows! Before his bedtime they opened and built stuff with the new Lego. It doesn't take much to make this boy happy. What a cutie!

My son is a wonderful baker, and makes delicious cakes, cookies and pies!
Mmmm...cake and ice cream! And a silly kid.

Papa and Dechen making something from Lego.
Happy Birthday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.