Monday, November 11, 2019

Repair and commission, and something of my own!

Mr Wazoo took in a repair for a customer who is leaving for Florida in a few days. It was a hole clear through the quilt, but otherwise, the quilt was in good shape. It was an easy repair, so I also washed the quilt because I don't think it had ever been laundered and was a bit funky and dirty. In the end, it looked wonderful and made the customer very happy!

All clean and ready to go south for the winter.

The repair is in the green sashing.

This is the repair on the back. About the size of a half dollar.

I couldn't believe how much better it looked after a bath. I should have taken a 'before' photo, but I was in a hurry to get the repairs done.
I have had these Grandmother's flower garden blocks for too long, so I worked up a plan for the customer's queen sized quilt and only had to make one flower to do it. It took most of the day to applique the flowers to the backgrounds, and tomorrow I will sew the top together.

This is the flower I made while it was in progress. I finished it up  while watching TV and was ready for the construction in the morning.

Each flower is huge, almost 18 inches, so I had to make the blocks big, too. The setting triangles are yellow with white strips next to the body of the quilt. There will be a yellow outer border, too.

More blocks prepped and ready.
Last night I finished the cats quilt! Binding is on, label is on and it is D-O-N-E!

Hot off the machine.

Panto: Twinkling Stars

Wild Jane Sassaman print on the back.

Bound in blue/purple print.
Past my bedtime! Tomorrow is another fun studio day. 42 days until Christmas...YIKES!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.