Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Plea From a Health Care Worker




  

This is my daughter, Carolyn. She is a PA in an urgent care facility in Portland, Oregon. Please listen to what she says and send this to everyone you know and care about.
We have to act responsibly NOW. Our health care workers are in jeopardy of losing their lives because people would rather party and wander the store aisles aimlessly than be serious about a pandemic. Today, I began making masks for her and her associates because our country can't provide them. The greatest and most powerful country in the world and we can't provide appropriate protection gear for the front line health workers. Stay home and sew.  Stay home and bake. JUST STAY HOME!!

Okay, here is what I did at home this weekend.

I am making as many masks as I can with the limited supply of elastic I have. Once again, all the elastic has been swept up by hoarders and I can not get any to keep making masks after twenty. Mr Wazoo has some wire we have cobbled into the nosepieces, and I do have plenty of fabric and fusible interfacing to line the mask with.

This is the type mask health care workers need. The pleated surgical type don't protect  them as well. The ones with a pocket for in insert are moot because there are no masks to insert into the pocket! If you want to make and donate proper masks, I have posted the video to the blog. Disregard her saying the workers would turn it to the inside and wear it some more...they are NOT doing this. Also, add the extra layer of fusible interfacing to the back of there mask pieces to make them more impervious to the airborne droplets.
This is the lap quilt I finished and said I would show to you. It is my go to pattern; 2-3-2-6.
I love the fabric combination!
I free motion quilted it with swirly- whirls.
I free motion quilted it with swirly- whirls.
The ornamental cabbage accidentally bloomed! They are so pretty, I thought you'd like to see them.
Pretty red poppies blooming, too.
Please help them be safe!
No more N95 masks at her clinic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.