Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Is a day not quilting wasted?

I spent the day yesterday 'not quilting'. It was pretty weird. My kids have started a quarantined family Marco Polo group. I had never heard of Marco, so my daughter helped me (by text) to get the app on my phone and join the group. We spent most of the day chatting and seeing what each of us is doing. Look for it for your smart phones and set up a little group. It is fun.
I made a huge pot of ham and bean soup for us and did a bunch of paperwork and paid bills. Mr Wazoo tried to understand the insurance and hospital correspondence while making phone calls to customer service for help. His stroke has unleashed a wave of bills and non-bills from the hospital, Medicare and insurance company. I'm glad he had something to occupy him as it rained all day again.
I stayed up until 1:00AM researching Mr W's family on Ancestry. I haven't had much time to keep up with my genealogy lately, so this was a fascinating diversion. His mother's family were like rock stars back in the 1700s in Australia! His dad's family...not so much. They were slave owning, cotton growing farmers in Alabama. Many fought for the confederacy in the civil war. My family, on the other hand, were revolutionary war soldiers, and union soldiers! I guess we have been fighting each other for generations!! ha ha, not just in the living room at Wazoo! Anyhoo, I spent way too much time reading accounts of there heroics of his great-great-great grandmother and her brave journey as a young widow to Australia with her four children.
This morning, I arose to another gray, foggy, drippy day. I need to get in the studio and make 20 or so masks for Carolyn and get them sent to Oregon. Thunder and rain are today's special, so I will get busy and make something useful and cheerful!
Stay calm and stitch on!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.