Monday, March 30, 2020

Socially distanced

We have taken the order seriously here at Wazoo, but the greater population seems to have no fear of what may come.Mr Wazoo and I took Molly along and went for a car trip on Sunday. We passed by Home Depot, Walmart and the grocery  while driving and the crowds of  people in each location were astounding. What the heck are they thinking? If anyone thinks the virus won't find them in Blairsville, they will be surprised when it does. People are fleeing Atlanta to get away from the virus, and many of them have cabins up here. My fear is that will transport the virus here. We continue to heed my daughter's advice and stay home.
I made the masks for each of my other three kids to wear to the grocery store, and will stick them in the mailbox here today.
Masks for the kids
I finally finished the pick-out on the giant quilt, removed all the threads, spritzed it with water to close the stitching holes and got it loaded on the big Gammill. I have four rows done and hope to finish it today and move on to another project.

I really like this quilt. The customer said she used up a stash of Thimbleberry fabrics she has had since the 1980s. It's a simple block, but is very effective in showing off this collection of fabrics.
I'm using the paper panto: Primrose Swirl, one of my favorites for large quilts.

Things are budding out and causing some excitement for Mr W. He will be outside all day, I'm sure.Right now, it is after 10:00 and I haven't started to work...I had better get moving! Stay healthy and get a breath of fresh air sometime today!


1 comment:

  1. the ones that are not going to your corner of Ga. is coming to ours, my sis had to go to Rome and places were covered up

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.