Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Machine switcherooo

Yesterday, I switched the circle quilt to the Millie to do the quilting on the 201 circles. The next custom quilt is loaded on the big Gammill, but I can not find the batting the customer brought for it. After looking everywhere possible, I gave up and ordered a new one. Darn! How does a king sized packaged batt up and disappear?! Anyhoo, this is what I got done on the circles. It will have 21 thread changes and 201 starts and stops on just the circles! Tedious, but worth the effort.

                                          
Thread I have used already...

Thread ready to be used...

Where I left off for the day.

I quit quilting at 5:00, since I went to work an hour early yesterday. I sewed and squared up the first pile of half square triangles for one of the blocks in my shabby chic quilt. There are a ton of smaller HSTs to be made next for the same blocks. I'll tackle those soon.

The first stack is done!

Later in the evening, we settled in with homemade pizza and some dreamcicle pie. Miss Molly thought she should get some, too, but we all know dogs don't eat pizza and pie! At least that's what I tell her when she gives me the sad face.

Everybody go to work! Those quilts aren't going to make themselves!!

1 comment:

  1. For trimming up all those HSTs, I learned now to cut them while they are folded still, using the seam line as the square up line. You can do it with a regular ruler or a tube cutting ruler, but I found the Clearly Perfect Slotted trimmers will do this easily. 2 cuts per HST instead of 4. Saves a ton of time. Not affiliated, just love the speed. Real accurate and no turning of the HSTs and lining up again. Love all of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.