Sunday, September 27, 2020

No fun-day Sunday

 I got a bee in my bonnet to change sides with Millie and Big Gammill. Should have been easy...Mr Wazoo came to help and suggested we clean while the furniture and machines are moved out off the way. Okay. It took all day and massive muscle use for this girl to get the studio clean and put back together! Not a stitch was sewn. But, hey! The carpets, floors, machines and windows are clean! Three bags of trash removed and un-needed items in the garage. Tomorrow I have to finish up by clearing up the cutting table and putting a few straggling things away. I ran out of gas at 5:45, sat in the recliner in the studio, and admired my work. There's always tomorrow for some fun...

Oh snap, no fun tomorrow. I have a cardiologist appointment first thing in the morning for my yearly check up and tests. Rats!

The spider is back. This time, he has taken up residence on the screen outside my sewing  area.

Okay, here is a view of where we started.

Fist, we moved the machines off the carpets and vacuumed everywhere we could. Then, we took turns mopping the floor and drying it off.

The new view from the door shows Millie greeting people as they come in. I don't quilt from the back of the machine at all, so I am able to snug it a bit closer to the stash wall. 

We moved all of this, vacuumed and mopped before reorganizing and putting things back.

I moved the rulers from the cutting table to the notions cabinet next to it. 

Here is the view from the cutting table. I moved the drawers back under Millie, and tossed two bags of trash from under the Gammill. The bins with waiting repair quilts are underneath Gammill, too.

Nothing changed in the bathroom! I need to go through the quilts in here and pick some to send to Oregon for fire victims. I follow a blog from a quilter there who has mobilized guilds to take donations and distribute them. This is dear to my heart since our guild went through a powerful hurricane in 2004, that destroyed the homes (and sewing rooms!) of hundreds of quilters. We collected supplies from all over the USA and my little group of volunteers delivered boxes and boxes to bereft quilters all over south Florida. I feel like I should pay it forward and help the quilters and the families in the fire ravaged areas. **

There is much more room behind Big Gammill for me to play on the design wall. I was forever knocking blocks off with my ample derriere whenever I passed by the wall. There is more room to press huge backs, too. Yippee!


I will straighten this up tomorrow. The big pile is the vintage quilts I made from the tops a customer found in a box in her late Grandma's house. The rest of the flotsam is the scraps I used for the latest repair.

I'm tired, sweaty and dirty. But I'm happy. I don't have to clean for another five years!! LOL

** If you have a quilt to donate to the fire victims on the west coast, here are a few places that are taking and distributing them. I copied these from Lori DeJarnatt's  blog, Humble Quilts.


Mt Hood Quilt Guild is accepting and distributing completed quilts to go to victims and evacuees from the Riverside Fire in Clackamas County. You can mail or drop off at: My Quilting Loft, 253 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy. Troutdale, Oregon 97060

I'm not sure about this, but here is an email and phone number that you may call and get more info. 

communityoutreach@mthoodquiltguild.com

If anyone needs a kit to work on, or has completed charity tops or quilts ... call or text me! (this is a number that was online, it isn't me)

503-577-1434


BOLTS TO BLOCKS: Collecting quilt tops and finished quilts to support those in the Phoenix & Talent areas. (these towns were nearly completely burned down)

Contact: Barb of Bolts to Blocks, boltstoblocks@gmail.com, (541) 704-0386

Mail or deliver to: Bolts to Blocks, 950 SE Geary St., Ste C, Albany, OR 97322

100 quilts went to Talent And Phoenix Elementary school children today. Still need another 350 twin or lap size so every child who has lost their home will have something to snuggle with. Then we will try to serve the middle and high school kids. Please help by sending new or barely used quilts to Sew Creative Ashland at 115 East Main St. Ashland, Oregon 97520






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.