Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunday, Fun day?

I know its Sunday, but I  had a quilting job to do for a friend. I really didn't do much sewing, just finished quilting Cowboy quilt #3 and sewed the binding by machine.

All finished. I added the binding and it is completely done now!

Panto: Jetty

I had this fabric in my stash and thought it kind of looked like tooled leather.

A customer sent me a project she started years ago and got stymied with. The diamond log cabin blocks were made, but she couldn't figure out why they weren't fitting together. Her challenge for me was to figure it out, sew it together and quilt it, otherwise, she was going to trash it. Well, I love a challenge, so I set to work re-sewing some seams and fitting the parts together. The resulting quilt is quite big, and very pretty! I hope to get it quilted tomorrow and sent back to the stymied customer!

It took some fiddling, but here it is, all together!

Of course, the backing fabric she sent wasn't big enough (deja vu?) so I added a 9 inch strip of red down the center to increase the width.

Millie worked hard all day on my friend's project, a bedspread for her guest room. The fabric is absolutely gorgeous! The same print front and back, but in two color ways. The front is red and the back is beige. Both have large roses and smaller blue flowers. I'm almost done with it, but, as usual, have one row left to do tomorrow.
Tomorrow, I will have it done and on display for you.

Meanwhile, I realized it was jelly roll day yesterday when I read about it on the Country Threads Chicken Scratch blog. I dug out a Tula Pink jelly roll, and plan to make a quick quilt with it tomorrow. 
We'll see how that goes. 
I'm off to bed with the window open and fresh air wafting in. Autumn is coming!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.