Thursday, April 22, 2021

We're here.

 After two days of driving, we arrived to beautiful weather in Texas. It has been cool and windy here, a nice break from the usual heat and humidity. My sister and I spent yesterday touring around and locating Dad's doctors and the shopping areas. I'll be confused for a while, but we'll get there. 

Along the Texas part of the route, we see the hundreds of windmills on the flat landscape. Every time I come, I am awe struck with the size of the windmills, as well as just how many there are. 


These are far away, but there were some really close to the road. They are huge!!




In the park where we will be staying, there is a large dog park, and Penny had a good time running and sniffing every leaf and blade of grass. Doggy Heaven.


She and Mr Wazoo exploring the expanse of running room.

Because it is so flat, it makes walkies easier on the knees. I took Penny out for a reconnaissance of her new surroundings, and we met some other canines as well as  people who live here. She had so much activity during the day, she slept like a log all night. 

We are off to  Dad's lab for some tests, and Monday, I will be on my own with him on a trip to the doctor. Thank goodness for GPS and a way to find my way back home!

Sewing will begin in earnest next week. Meanwhile, this is what happened in Wisconsin yesterday...yes, it is snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.