Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Finally ready to go.

We waited forever for Safelite to have a windshield for the car. Today, we went to Brownsville and had it installed. Then we went to dinner at the barbecue place and packed the car. Unfortunately, we have so much stuff we had to get two duffles from Bass Pro Shop to strap to the roof of the car! I tried everywhere to get a car top carrier, but you have to order one. Nobody has them in the store. What seemed like hundreds of phone calls later, the nice man at Bass Pro suggested the big duffles sprayed with water repellent. Done and dusted!

I am exhausted. Mr Wazoo is exhausted. Time to go to bed and get ready for the long drive home. I took Penny to the local Petsmart and had her toenails clipped and smoothed, a bath and brushing, and a little trim. She's ready to roll!

Here are the last pictures from Harlingen, Texas.



I finished my blue and white quilt with a blue grunge border. Of course, Penny had to photobomb the shot...

Here is the obligatory photo showing my face! And more of Penny's backside.

Meanwhile, I'm not the only klutz in the family. My youngest daughter broke her arm roller skating! She can't believe at 44 she did something this silly. The next day she went camping, but without the planned hiking. Hammock resting in the great outdoors was the order of the day.

Tomorrow, bright and early (or dark and early...) we hit the road for the journey home. We'll be in Baton Rouge for the night, then home to Georgia on Friday. I am so ready!


1 comment:

  1. Have a safe journey home and welcome back to Georgia!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.