Sunday, October 10, 2021

Lots of things going on!

 Mea culpa! I haven't posted lately, mostly because I am not as busy as usual. I have been to the neurosurgeon and will be having an MRI next Wednesday, and then return to see him the first of November. Surgery will be scheduled then, and I will be on my way to recovering from my back injury.

While I am waiting for that to happen, I have been trying to quilt everything I have here before the buyer comes for the Millie! I still have two tee shirt quilts to make, but I can always quilt them on my Gammill if they aren't finished when Milie goes  bye-bye.

Here is a look at what I did last week.

Remember this?

It is the bunny quilt I took in for repairs.

There were numerous torn spots and some bits missing.

The customer has slept under this quilt most of his life and loved it to near death!

Much TLC and re-quilting later, this is the result.

All the bunnies are back in place and the holes fixed.

I loaded it on my Gammill and re-quilted it like it was originally done.
Then, I added new binding.

Next, I quilted the two small charity quilts I made last weekend.

I had some Minion fabrics left from a quilt I made a couple of years ago, and cut it into 6" squares for this quilt.

The quilting is a simple meander; quick and easy.

I bound it in the banana fabric I used on the back.

Bananas!!

I got this animal fabric at a shop sale and made a quick 2-3-2-6 quilt with it.


Oops! I didn't take a picture of it after quilting! I will put that in the next post.

This is the first of two Christmas quilt tops given to me .

I used the panto: Simply Stars for the quilting in a gold thread.

The plaid is from my stash. It made a nice backing. The binding is made but not yet sewn on.

I made this top in Texas and got the backing last week.

I really like the collection of fabrics, so I think I'll keep it.
Panto: Argosy

I sprung the big bucks for the co-ordinating backing. I haven't picked a binding fabric yet.

My daughter got her cat a Halloween costume...
this is kitty abuse!

Maxine does not look amused to be a panda.

I finally had my eyes checked, and got these new purple glasses!
Now, I can read without squinting and see the TV without shadows!













2 comments:

  1. Wondering what a 2-3-2-6 quilt is. All the quilts are lovely. It was an amazing fix for the rabbits. Although it was tortuous, the kitty makes an amazing panda! I have to get new glasses, as well, soon and hope they will fix the problems I am having. I am sorry you will have to have surgery, but they can do amazing things now. Good and great luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, girlfriend-
    I’m so sorry to read about your back. Having your back out of whack really stinks. I’ll pray for a complete resolution to your problems.

    Looking forward to seeing where you’re going with your quilting.

    I think if you often and hope we can talk soon.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.