Saturday, November 27, 2021

Taking it easy

After doing way too much on Thanksgiving, I have had to surrender to recovery and take things easier. I'm doing much better on my new medication (better living through chemistry...) and have decided to do what I am supposed to and not aggravate it further.

I got the backing done for the 16 patch, and decided I didn't like the top well enough to add the fancy flamingo border I bought in Ooltewah.

I used all the leftover pieces to make the back. 

This is the top. No border required.

Sewing the last seam! Back done and project on a hanger.

I have quite a few to practice on when I get my new machine.

Today, I started the last of the Christmas quilts. It uses a layer cake (again) and I have half of the pieces cut and ready. Tomorrow I'll get the rest cut, and maybe sewn. It depends on my back. I know when to stop now.

Squares in front, ready to cut. Squares in the back, all set to go.

My son sent my grandson's first school picture. I can't get over how grown he looks. I wish we could see them for Christmas, but with the new variant, I don't know if they will travel. We'll see.

I love this kid!!

This is my son and his lovely wife. They took a day trip to Cambridge, Wisconsin and found this paitntin on a building there. Perfect.




Here is a photo a friend posted on her Instagram account. It is my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin. I think it is the most beautiful place. In the foreground is the Frank Loyd Wright designed center. The capitol can be seen for miles around, and the harvest moon is a perk!

My Dad used to work in the building with three parts on the left side of the photo.
Lake Mendota is behind the capitol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.