Tuesday, May 17, 2022

A little work...a little play

 First off...I completely forgot a guild board meeting today. I had my usual routine; coffee, cereal and banana and watch the news. After getting dressed and taking the dog out for a run, I went to the studio and started working. At 2:30, I remembered the meeting. Oops. It was at 10:00. Sometimes time gets away from me and I forget everything but the task at hand. I blame it on old age...

Back to the studio! I had a baby quilt for a customer that I wanted to get done, so I loaded it up first thing. The customer said the pattern is really simple and quick. I'll have to give it a try!

The colors are soft and sweet. The recipient didn't want "bubble gum pink" but it is for a girl.
This is a nice way to have pink without blinding anyone. ha ha

The panto is 'P.S. I love you.'

She found this glittery unicorn fabric for the back. 

While I quilted the baby quilt, I added the borders to my frog quilt. That was easy. The back took an hour or more to put together. I used up a bunch of my jungle type fabrics making it, though. 

I chose an orange batik for the inner border to accent the frogs in the quilt and outer border.

Four of the blocks have the frog fabric in them. The rest are from a jelly roll called Parakeet.

Here's a better look at the whole shebang.

After finishing the back, I loaded it up and got it done before 6:00 quitting time!

All quilted and ready for binding.

Panto: Jungle leaves

Here's my wild and crazy back! There are five different fabrics from my stash.

I used to buy fabric like this for the quilts I made in Florida. 
I'm happy to move them along into a quilt instead of languishing on the shelf.

I made a quilt years ago for Mr W with this fabric in it. 
Our dog ate a hole in  it where the man had spilled something yummy on it.
I repaired it, and still have it!

Here is a horrible photo of the quilt taken at show and tell in 2005.
Everything old is new  again, I guess!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.