Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Finishing up and getting packed

It's the last day of readiness prep for me, since I have Nifty Fifty tomorrow, so I have been working like a mad beaver to get the jobs done. I got the ten quilts for the head start kids all bound and finished, as well as the quilt for my grandson and for the woman whose home we will be staying in. I did the math on the little quilts and was flabbergasted to realize I used 35 yards of fabric making them! A real stash buster. (More room for new fabric...)
Mr Wazoo has been mowing lawns and getting the outside ship shape, too. Once the laundry is done, the refrigerator is cleaned out and the car is packed, we'll be on our way! Miss Molly will be visiting her two buddies, Toby and Teddy over at my quilting friend's house. She will be wined and dined in grand style and I am sure come home fat and happy.
My folks are celebrating 70 years of marriage and we will get to visit with relatives we haven't seen in years. It should be a once in a lifetime happy event. Stay tuned for the details!
first five kid quilts

great backs, too



second five kid quilts...and backs!

all ten piled up. So pretty!

Choden's quilt

label

hostess' quilt

label

Miss Molly

Teddy and Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.