Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Quilting and beard growing progress

Another day over and three quilts in their bags and ready to go!
Mr Wazoo took a well deserved day off and worked in the yard. He does love to mess about with the plants and hardscape. He made a small patio sort of place where he will eventually have a big pot with something wonderful in it. This and some digging out and replanting took all day and made him very happy. He went off to bed at 8:00!!
I spent my day basting a quilt for hand quilting, custom quilting a smaller quilt and quilting an edge to edge pattern on a quilt too big for Mr Wazoo's table. Time marches on and we have to get these quilts done for the trip north. Frankly, I will be relieved when the exodus begins. We need a bit of a rest!
I hope you had a good day. It's been breezy and warm here, perfect for a short bike ride before work. Tomorrow will be just as nice. I had better get to bed and prepare for it!

Mr Wazoo made this. Looks a bit like a quilt block!

This quilt is made with the customer's father's ties.
I did this quilt over the weekend. Yup, I work Saturday and Sunday, too.

In the center block, she included a doily her Mom made.

Some of the quilting

I love the colors of this quilt!

The quilting is very organic to accent the fabrics. I used three different
variegated threads on the top.

Here is a look at the back, too.

Huge quilt too big for the 10 ft table. I did the panto as a favor to the gardener. Ha ha.

Hard to see, but a very nice design.



A little fuzz becoming visible around the edges...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.